Dried Button Mushroom is another name for Sukhila Button Chatu/ Sukhila Button Chatu” in Odia, which is also known as the straw mushroom. Paddy straw mushrooms are edible mushrooms that are cultivated in the tropics and subtropics. They are often grown on agricultural wastes such as rice straw, which is where they get their name.
Paddy straw mushrooms are organic food products with a strong and individual flavor. They keep well dehydrate or dried and can be cooked later. Paddy straw mushrooms are available throughout the year, and widely in the rainy season. They are used extensively in Odiya cuisine.
What is straw mushroom good for?
Straw mushrooms are an excellent source of copper, which provides anti-bacterial properties, and potassium, which can help regulate fluids and maintain optimal blood vessel functioning. The fungi also contain vitamins B, C, and D, fiber, zinc, iron, and amino acids.
Why is it called straw mushroom?
Straw mushrooms are cultivated in the warm, tropical climates of Asia and are often grown on agricultural wastes such as rice straw, which is where the mushroom also earned its name.
- While we strive for accuracy, manufacturers’ processing, preserving, and ingredient details may change occasionally.
- Actual products may slightly differ in size and color due to photography and light effects.
- FSSAI Certification: NA (We act as a bridge between local farmer and end consumers, procuring products from near by villages).
- Returns/Replacements: Not applicable for food product.
- Cancellation: Permissible before product shipment.
- Replacements: Eligible for unsealed or spoiled delivered products.
- Ships Within: 3 Days of order placement.
- Standard Delivery Time: 7 – 9 Working Days, excluding Sundays and public holidays.
- Logistic Partners: Bluedart, Amazon, Delhivery, Ecom express.